VA-GLA ID section has developed guidelines for issues encountered amongst our specific patient population. These guidelines have been tailored to the antimicrobial flora prevalent at VA-GLA and, as such, may not be applicable at other institutions.
Guidelines should not be viewed as rules of practice that require 100% compliance. Rather, they should be used to assist in clinical decision-making. Furthermore, guidelines may not be applicable to all patients. If questions or problems arise, then an ID consultant should be contacted.
BACTEREMIA AND ENDOCARDITIS
• Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia and infective endocarditis (2014)
OTHER BACTERIAL INFECTIONS
• Clostridium difficile infection (2018)
• Guide to gram positive infections (2013)
• Skin/soft tissue infection (2017) CLICK HERE FOR ANTIBIOTIC ALGORITHM FOR DIABETIC FOOT INFECTION
• Complicated urinary tract infection (2019) and Less Is More Algorithm for urine culture management (2019)
• Vancomycin dosing (2013)
• Vancomycin adverse event (2013)
• Aminoglycosides (including once daily administration)
• Polymyxin B, colistin use and dosing (2016)
• Use of ß-lactam agents in patients with history of allergy (2007)